You know you are a runner when your running shoes are the most expensive pair of shoes that you own. Most people fail to understand the importance of good running shoes and the reasons as to why they are quite expensive than your normal pair of sneakers and so forth.
Good running shoes would definitely help you avoid unnecessary pain or injuries i.e Ever wondered why after your routine run:
- You end up feeling splitting pains especially in the soles of your feet?
- Inflammation occurs at the bottom of your feet? (Common for those that wear tight shoes during their runs.)
- Discomfort and swelling at the back of your lower leg, slightly above the heel?
- Stress fracture either on the ankles or feet – starts as a mild pain that gradually gets worse the more you run or walk?
- Burning sensation around the toes
- You develop knee, hip and back pains?
- Blisters and calluses..oh my! Did i mention your toenails may pop off?
Anyways, now that you know and understand the adverse circumstances surrounding the wrong pair of running shoes, i hope you substantially take into consideration the following factors when spending hundreds of dollars on a good pair of running shoes:
- Foot cushioning
- Foot support
- Arch support
- Good grip
- Midsole protection
- Well fitting shoes
- Stability or motion control
The perfect running shoe is kind and sturdy on your feet; and allows you to finish your routine run efficiently. They are designed to handle the shock or impact created as your foot strikes the ground while providing enough cushioning for the stress felt on your feet, legs (especially the knees) and body, from repeated foot-landings per distance covered. Another important reminder is to pick out the correct type of running sock.
The right type of running shoes will help you go the distance!