Fitness and Festivities
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas (literally singing this masterpiece by Michael Buble` all month long) and i can bet you, keeping track of your fitness goals coupled with the festivities may not go hand in hand or might be a tad difficult; and so here i am to help you get that balance before it’s too late (wink wink).
What works for me may not work for you and on that account, here’s an example of my thought process during this season of joy and Christmas-y vibes:
- I know for sure that i want to have as much fun as possible, drink wine with my love, friends and family on most evenings, enjoy the Christmas cookies and eat everything good – in moderation of-course
- I also want to keep training, well knowing that i will possibly attract a good number of calories; haha that may be a tough nugget to get rid off
- Therefore, i will:
- Train at least 3 times a week for this period (normally i would train 5-6 times a week so that should be manageable)
- Get sufficient sleep and drink as much water (well needed considering the amount of wine i will consume lol)
- Keep an active lifestyle whilst enjoying the holidays i.e
- By doing long walks over the weekend
- Avoiding the couch
- Consuming proteins with most meals
I hope my thought process during this time of the year somewhat helps you manage both the festivities and fitness 🙂 I trust that you’ll find that by exercising whenever you can, you will feel less guilty and enjoy the festivities much more.
Christmas is a wonderful time of the year and may Santa knock on your door in terms of amazing opportunities, good energy and all your heart desires.
Here’s a list of a few Christmas bangers that are stuck in my mind rent free 🙂
- It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas – Michael Buble`
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Ingrid Michaelson
- 12 Days of Christmas – Pentatonix
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
- Deck the Halls – Nat “King” Cole
- Feliz Navidad – Jose` Feliciano or Boney M (both are very good!)
- Jingle Bells – Boney M
- Mary’s Boy Child – Boney M
MERRY JOLLY CHRISTMAS
A HAPPY NEW YEAR
3 thoughts on “The “Jolly” Season”
Fun and a little fitness ,perfect combination.Thank you
LikeLiked by 1 person
The article is eye-opening and challenging. Thanks for sharing your unique perspective on this subject.
Your blog provides beneficial information on a variety of subjects. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us.